White Horse in the Country

White Horse in the Country
Spirit

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Should I stay, or Should I go?

I decided to take a vacation and drive to Kentucky for a week to see how the southerners live.  I fell in love with Kentucky almost immediately.  Lots of green pastures, horses and great Southern food. A real put together state. Enjoyed Churchill Downs,  the KentuckyPark & Museum and Caves.  A little different from city life.  On the way back home, I was making good time on the road and decided to take a side trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  I had always heard about Gatlinburg and wanted to visit one day.  On the way to Gatlinburg, I drove through a little country town called Pigeon Forge. I said to myself, "wow," what an exciting town. Looks like they have a lot to offer. Lots of amusements parks, dinner shows, stampedes, etc. But I kept driving to Gatlinburg to see the Aquarium of the Smokies. Gatlinburg was what I imagined. A cute little mountain town that reminded me of a small village in Germany. But when I came home, I couldn't stop thinking about Pigeon Forge. I really wanted to go there again. It wasn't until two years later that I decided to rent a cabin for the first time.  Something different than a hotel.  A place to relax and regroup after the passing of my father. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the start of a wonderful adventure. I love the photo of the horse!
    Someday I hope to get to Kentucky and see the horse farms and all things related. I'm looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete